Born To Influence: The Marketing Show (Episodes 140 & 141)
To listen to John's interview on the Born To Influence PODCAST, click HERE.
In this interview, we talked with John about:
- How your clients see your business
- How to clarify your USP
- How this architectural firm went against conventional wisdom to really succeed
- How to get real, genuine feedback from your customers
- What you should delegate to an outside PR or marketing firm
- What questions to ask from your customers
- What to do with customer reviews on Yelp, Amazon etc
- How to get more referrals
- How to reverse engineer your marketing strategy <– LOVE this!
- How to stay out of price wars
- How to break down your marketing into manageable chunks
- How to use your strategy for decision making
- How he's marketing his book Duct Tape Selling
- How to bring value as a sales person
- “You have to make marketing a habit” Click To Tweet
John Recommends (affiliate*):
- Talking Logo (Article on Duct Tape Marketing)
- The Referral Engine (John Jantsch)
- Peter Drucker
- The Practice of Management (Peter Drucker)
- The E-Myth (Michael Gerber)
- Seth Godin
- Duct Tape Selling (John Jantsch)
“John Jantsch is a marketing consultant, speaker and best selling author of Duct Tape Marketing, The Commitment Engine, The Referral Engine and Duct Tape Selling.
He is the creator of the Duct Tape Marketing System and Duct Tape Marketing Consulting Network that trains and licenses small business marketing consultants around the world.
His blog was chosen as a Forbes favorite for marketing and small business and his podcast, a top ten marketing show on iTunes, was called a “must listen” by Fast Company.”
To learn more about John Jantsch, go to http://johnjantsch.com.