(Born To Influence: The Marketing Show, Episodes 60 & 61)
To listen to Jay’s interview on the Born To Influence PODCAST, click HERE.
In this interview, we talked with Jay about:
- Why “top of mind awareness” is not the same as it used to be
- What is “frame of mind” and “friend of mind” awareness
- A case study of what it means to be a Youtility for our target market
- How to be a “person” on your social profiles even when it’s about your company page on a network e.g. G+
- How to plan the content that you put on social media
- The two step approach for finding how best to reach your customers
- How to decide what type of content to put out (vine video vs infographic vs blog post)
- How to find the correct media channels where you should put out your content
- Case study: how a realtor increased their sales by 400% in 2 years by using twitter and being otherwise useful
- His favorite tool to systematize and save time you spend on social media
- How he marketed his book Youtilty to make it a NY Times bestseller
- Transparency vs translucency when building a personal brand online
- The objections Jay faces from certain business owners and how to deal with it
- The tendency on digestible content becoming shorter and how to use that in your marketing
- The number one skill you must develop to make your marketing more effective
- How to share personal images on social media
- The right way to create engagement
- “Helping beats selling, at least eventually” Click To Tweet
- “The most important word in business is no” Click To Tweet
- “Give away information snacks so you can sell knowledge meals” Click To Tweet
Jay Baer recommends (affiliate*):
- Convince and Convert
- Youtility for Accountants
- How Jay marketed his NY Times bestseller Youtility
- Social Pros Podcast
Jay Baer’s Bio:
“Jay Baer is a hype-free digital marketing strategist, speaker, and author. He founded Convince & Convert in 2008. This is the fifth marketing services firm he’s started or managed.
Jay has consulted with more than 700 companies on digital marketing since 1994, including Caterpillar, Nike, Visit California, Billabong, and 30 of the Fortune 500. He was named one of America’s top social media consultants by Fast Company magazine, and the Convince and Convert blog is ranked as the world’s #1 content marketing resource.
His new book about making marketing useful is called Youtility: Why Smart Marketing is About Help not Hype and is a New York Times best seller.
An active angel investor, he’s also involved in an advisory capacity with several social media and content marketing start-up companies.
At Convince & Convert, he oversees big picture ideas for corporate clients, helps agency customers understand and profit from social and digital services, and spreads the gospel of social and content acceleration with dozens of speaking engagements annually. He also buys all the drinks.”
To learn more about Jay, go to: http://convinceandconvert.com