Born To Influence: The Marketing Show (Episodes 150 & 151)
To listen to Pam’s interview on the Born To Influence PODCAST, click HERE.
In this interview, we talked with Pam about:
- Work as play vs leaving a legacy with your body of work
- Defining your success metrics
- The myth of following your passion
- The reality around finding your mission
- Leaving a legacy vs a lifestyle business
- How she ventured to write her first book
- How she creates her plans for marketing her books
- Priorities in your work and career goals
- What she dislikes in other entrepreneurs
- What you need to have in place to feel fulfilled with your work
- Dealing with anxiety around working on new projects
- The role of vulnerability in business
Pam Recommends (*affiliate):
- Nick Morgan (Public Words)
“Influence only happens through others” Click To Tweet
“Pamela Slim is an award-winning author, business coach and speaker.
She spent the first 10 years of her business as a consultant to large companies such as Hewlett-Packard, Charles Schwaab and Cisco Systems, where she worked with thousands of executives, managers and employees.
In 2005, she started the Escape from Cubicle Nation blog, which is now one of the top career and business blogs on the web. In the last 8 years, she helped hundreds of entrepreneurs to start successful businesses.
Pam’s first book Escape from Cubicle Nation: From Corporate Prisoner to Thriving Entrepreneur was released in Spring, 2009 and won Best Small Business/Entrepreneur Book of 2009 by 800 CEO Read.
Her new book, Body of Work, gives a fresh perspective on the skills required in the new world of work for people in all work modes, from corporate to non-profit to small business.”