In this interview, we talked with Alan about:
- How to create boundaries so you can do business on your own terms, even if you're dealing with large corporations
- The three categories we must pay attention to in order to launch a successful sustainable business in just 90 days
- “The Lobster Principle” – why vulnerability is critical to the growth of your business
- How to market to corporations if you're selling your services as a consultant
- What to do to ensure you have the best chance for success as a consultant
Book recommendations from Alan Weiss (affiliate*):
- The Capitalist Philosophers (Andrea Gabor)
- On Leadership (John Gardner)
- The Effective Executive (Peter Drucker)
- Managing in Turbulent Times (Peter Drucker)
- Million Dollar Launch (Alan Weiss)
- Million Dollar Consulting (Alan Weiss)
- The Consulting Bible (Alan Weiss)
Prefer to listen rather than read?
Get the audio version of any of the thousands of books Audiobooks offers – and get your first book for free when you join for a FREE trial. (affiliate*)
Alan Weiss' Bio:
Alan Weiss is a consultant, speaker and author. His consulting firm, Summit Consulting Group, Inc. has attracted clients such as Merck, Hewlett-Packard, GE, Mercedes-Benz, State Street Corporation, Times Mirror Group, The Federal Reserve, The New York Times Corporation, and over 500 other leading organizations.
His speaking typically includes 30 keynotes a year at major conferences. His prolific publishing includes over 500 articles and 44 books, including his best-seller, Million Dollar Consulting (from McGraw-Hill). His newest is The Consulting Bible (Wiley), and his next is Million Dollar Referrals (McGraw-Hill).
Alan's Ph.D. is in psychology and he is a member of the American Psychological Society, the American Counseling Association, Division 13 of the American Psychological Association, and the Society for Personality and Social Psychology. He has served on the Board of Governors of Harvard University’s Center for Mental Health and the Media.
He is an inductee into the Professional Speaking Hall of Fame® and the concurrent recipient of the National Speakers Association Council of Peers Award of Excellence, representing the top 1% of professional speakers in the world. He has been named a Fellow of the Institute of Management Consultants, one of only two people in history holding both those designations.
Alan is the winner of the prestigious Axiem Award for Excellence in Audio Presentation. He is the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award of the American Press Institute, the first-ever for a non-journalist, and one of only seven awarded in the 65-year history of the association.
To learn more about Alan, go to: http://summitconsulting.com