In this interview, we talk with Danny about:
- How to build an audience from scratch
- How to get guest blogging opportunities
- How to get your first 2,000 subscribers to your list
- How to choose the right blogs to get started with your contributions
- How long does it take to build up your core following
- How to craft the perfect email pitch to get guest blogging spots on big sites
- How to build an audience without writing blog articles
- How to monetize your audience building efforts
- How to make sure your course will sell
- How to be a great teacher
- “You don’t ever want to be in a position where you have to convince yourself that working with you is worth it” Click To Tweet
“Audience engagement expert Danny Iny has been an entrepreneur for longer than his entire adult life. He quit school when he was fifteen to start his first business, and has been doing it ever since.
Along the way he ran the Montreal Marathon, got an MBA, and married the most wonderful woman in the world. He’s also worked with companies of all sizes, from the very huge (Nokia, Google) to small businesses and entrepreneurs who are just getting started.
These days, he is a prolific blogger and marketing educator at Firepole Marketing. He’s excited to be the co-author – with Guy Kawasaki, Brian Clark, Mitch Joel, and a lot of other people you’d probably recognize – of a book called Engagement from Scratch! How super-community builders create a loyal audience, and how you can do the same!
Most recently, Danny released the free Naked Marketing Manifesto, and is currently working on turning it into a full-fledged book. Danny is a super-friendly guy who makes a point of responding to emails and messages within 24 hours. Follow him on Twitter @DannyIny or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.“